Microphone is indeed a very important device used by people to record something. Sometimes problems arise with the microphone array not working. So, what’s the solution to this issue? Sit tight and know for yourself.
In case the microphone array is not working for you, there might be some easy solutions that you can apply to make sure that the microphone works perfectly so that you can record your sound with ease.
- My Integrated Microphone Array Is Not Working. How to Solve This Issue?
- Internal Realtek Microphone Array Not Working. What Should I Do?
- Windows 10 Microphone Array Not Working? Possible Solutions:
My Integrated Microphone Array Is Not Working. How to Solve This Issue?
Some users have got this issue that they are unable to use the internal microphone present in either a laptop or other gadget.
Well, for these users, some important solutions are as follows:
Solution To This Problem:
Take a look at the microphone connection and make sure that it is connected properly in the specified location. The port specified for a microphone is usually pink in color.
Now when you are sure that the microphone is plugged in the right way, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Start Menu and Click the Control Panel icon listed there.
- In the control panel menu, click on the Sound icon and a new window will pop up in front of you.
- In the new window, look out for the Recording tab and right click on it. There will be an option mentioned as Show Disabled Devices. Click on it.
Now, that you have done that, a list will pop up showing the disabled devices for recording. Check whether Microphone is listed in here or not. If it is listed, right click on its properties and enable it from there.
Right after you have done that, make sure to check the volume bar going up and down as you speak with an integrated microphone.
An integrated microphone array not working might cause the dysfunction of a microphone and you won’t be able to speak easily. Make sure that you apply this method to enable the recording of your integrated microphone.
Internal Realtek Microphone Array Not Working. What Should I Do?
There are many issues with some users where they have complained about the internal Realtek microphone array not working.
Well, let’s have a look at the possible solutions to this issue:
- Firstly, run the troubleshooter of Playing Audio by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows logo key as you can see it on your keyboard easily. In the tab, type troubleshooter and click on the topmost result shown.
- After clicking on the troubleshooter, make sure that you click View all from the left side panel as shown on the screen.
- Then, select, Playing Audio; click on Advanced menu and after that check, the Apply repairs Automatically option.
- Now that you have done that, just follow, the on-screen instructions given by the operating system.
Finally, close the troubleshooting window after its been completed. Take a look at the applied changes and see whether they are effective or not.
If you still receive the same issue of internal Realtek microphone array not working, you should try running the microphone drivers in compatibility mode by following the below mentioned steps:
Compatibility mode is able to run a specific program in the current version of Windows while using the settings and features from other versions of windows: To run mic drivers in compatibility mode, apply the following steps:
First things first, download the up to date driver setup file from the manufacturer’s official website i.e. Lenovo, HP, Microsoft etc. Or you can simply locate the setup file of the driver that you have downloaded already.
- After you have done that, right click on the setup file and go to its properties.
- In properties, click on the compatibility tab and check the box where there is written, Run this program in compatibility mode.
- After checking this, you should select the Windows 10 operating system, from the menu and installation will be initiated.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your PC for the effective changes to take place.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
- Simply follow these steps to check whether the issue is resolved or not:
- Press the Window logo key and type Run Programs for previous Windows version from your keyboard.
- Select the very top result and follow the simple step 2 from this article; Making Older programs compatible with New Versions Of Windows.
- The article is about Windows 8 but you can also apply it for Windows 10 easily.
- Finally, check if the issue is resolved.
That’s how problems with internal Realtek microphone array not working can be solved. If by applying both steps, the problem doesn’t get solved, you should look out for hardware issues in your PC.
Windows 10 Microphone Array Not Working? Possible Solutions:
In case you have got the latest version of Windows 10, you might face issues with the microphone array not being able to work.
Well, for this issue, there are three different methods that you can apply.
So, let’s have a look at them:
Method 1 – Setting The Microphone at Default:
Follow the listed below steps to set the microphone as your default speaking device:
1. Right, Click on the Speaker icon available at the right bottom corner of your Window screen. A new window will pop up.
2. From there, go to Audio Devices or Recording devices depending upon the version of Windows you have got.
3. A new dialogue will open named as Sound dialogue. In this dialogue, click on the Recording tab.
4. See if your microphone is set at default or not by looking a bit down. If it is not set at default, click on the default button.
Keep in mind that the icon shown in the image might be shown to you in different ways depending upon the Windows OS types.
In this way, you will be able to set up the microphone as your default device. This is the easiest method to solve the microphone array problem in Windows 10.
Method 2 – Unmuting Microphone and Increasing the Standard Volume:
If the above method is not working, then you can follow another method. Let’s have a look at it:
1. Right click the Speaker icon located at bottom right.
2. A new window will pop up. Go to audio devices from there.
3.After you have selected the Audio devices, a new window will pop up named as Sound dialogue box.
4. Here, click on the Recording tab. Select the microphone icon and go to its Properties as shown in the figure below:
5. In Microphone Properties tab, click the Levels dialogue and see whether your microphone is muted or not. If its muted, click on the icon again to unmute it. Also, make sure that the volume is set at 50 or above than 50 as shown in the figure.
6. After resetting the volume and unmuting your microphone, click on apply and then Okay dialogue to save the settings.
Microphone array not working in Windows 10 can easily be solved in this way. Try this method to see whether the microphone is muted or not.
Method 3 – Updating Sound Drivers:
If both of the above-mentioned methods are unable to work, I would recommend you to update all your drivers related to sound.
You can easily install the relevant drivers by searching them on Google and by downloading the installation file.
However, there are some third-party apps available as well which will update all your drivers with just a simple click.
You can also check them out. The one program that I would recommend is Driver Easy as I have used and found it to be very easy plus helpful.
The Final Word:
If you have got issues with the microphone array, you can easily set them up by following the steps that I have mentioned below.
Don’t forget to mention your queries related to microphone array not working and I will get back to them as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply