Are you embarking on a musical journey? Then, you need to choose the ideal instrument like keyboard piano with 88 keys to strengthen your skills. As it is light, you can transport it with ease and learn on it before transferring to full-sized pianos. So, how to know you are buying the best one?
Here is a guide to shed light on the instrument like an 88-key keyboard piano and how you can find the best one meeting your purpose. The details will help you understand the instrument better and find the right one for improving your musical knowledge.
- What is a Keyboard Piano?
- What are the different types of Keyboards available in the market these days?
- How to choose a Keyboard Piano for Beginners?
- Product Reviews: Top 5 88-Key Keyboard Piano in 2020!
- 1. Alesis Recital, 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano
- 2.Yamaha P45B, 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano
- 3. Roland GO, 88-Key Portable Digital Keyboard Piano
- 4. Lujex Standard, 88-Key Portable White Keyboard Piano
- 5. Artesia PA-88H, 88-Key Black Digital Keyboard Piano
- Frequently Asked Questions!
- Final Verdict!
- Some Last Words:
What is a Keyboard Piano?
While a full-size piano sounds beautiful and has charisma, it is difficult to maneuver it due to the big size. It does not suit everyone’s purpose as the acoustic nature restricts its functions. Also, the lack of additional features makes beginners wary as it does not help them learn or change the sound.
The keyboard piano is the electronic option to overcome the drawbacks of a traditional piano. The 88 key piano not just replicated the sounds of an acoustic piano but also offer several digital benefits. Also, they come in a dramatically smaller form.
Now, let’s have a look at the different types of keyboard pianos that are available and trending in the 2020’s market.
What are the different types of Keyboards available in the market these days?
There are seven major types of keyboard pianos that most artist like to work with; let’s have a look at them in brief:
- Beginner Keyboard: As the name suggests, the beginner’s keyboard is a perfect option for amateurs and the novice. It cultivates the art of piano playing skillfully.
- Arranger: This type of keyboard is perfect for a solo artist who likes to compose music spontaneously.
- Digital Workstation: This keyboard is perfect for musicians who like to control and shape all aspects of the composition.
- Synthesizer: The synthesizer keyboard allows musicians to compose something from scratch or distort existing composition.
- Organ: The organ piano attempts to mimic tones of traditional organs.
- Hybrid: The hybrid piano is the combination of digital workstation, arranger, organ, and synthesizer.
- Digital Piano: The digital piano is the electronic keyboard alternative to a traditional acoustic piano.
Now that you know the different types, it’s time to choose the best option and to do so, and you need to understand the various factors that can affect your purchase. Let’s read further.
How to choose a Keyboard Piano for Beginners?
The 88-key keyboard pianos are great for beginners – they are full-size keyboard pianos that offer a kick-start for aspiring professionals. You must consider the following aspects before making your purchase for the best 88-key keyboard piano.
This will help you make a perfect purchase. Let’s have a look at them in detail.
- Action: It refers to the response of the keys on the keyboard when you push them down.
- MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) Compatibility: While this feature is not essential when you are a beginner, it becomes important when you are trying to upgrade the keyboard in the future.
- Computer Connectivity: Although it’s not necessary to learn to play, computer connectivity is a good option for students who plan to create their music with music composition programs.
- Sound: When you are purchasing a keyboard piano, the sound is one of the important features you need to consider. The best ones produce high-quality sounds like the ones produced by the true piano.
- Input/ Output: It is important to consider input/output when you plan to use the piano as the digital audio workstation.
- Storage: It is necessary when you want to transfer the data easily from the computer to other storage devices.
- Budget: The budget is an important factor, too; look at what you require and then choose the keyboard piano, which suits your requirement the most. Don’t pick something which, although it is packed with features, wouldn’t be useful for you. This thoughtful decision will help you in saving your hard-earned money.
If you follow the guidelines listed above, we are sure that you will make a right, budget-friendly, and a complete value for money purchase when buying the best 88-key keyboard piano in 2020.
Product Reviews: Top 5 88-Key Keyboard Piano in 2020!
1. Alesis Recital, 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano
If you are aspiring to be a pianist or to follow your passion for playing the piano, then Alesis Recital will be the best choice. It is a 88 key digital keyboard piano for beginners and comes with a wide range of features. It comes with Semi-Weighted, full-size keys, Works with Power Supply, and with batteries as well. There is a built-in speaker that helps you enjoy the tunes you play and has five premium voices.
- 88 Key Digital Piano
- Built-in Speakers
- 5 Premium Voices
- ¼” sustain pedal input, however, the pedal is not included
- ¼” stereo headphone output
- Stereo RCA outputs that help connect to an amplifier or mixer
Why we choose this product?
This is a perfect digital keyboard piano for beginners. It has all the features that help you understand the basic functionality of a fully equipped keyboard piano. It has 88 semi-weighted keys and a built-in speaker. In addition to it, features like five premium voices, stereo headphone, and RCA outputs and pedal input makes it a perfect choice for beginners.
2.Yamaha P45B, 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano
Yamaha P45 is one of the most suitable digital keyboard pianos for beginners. It is also among the most affordable pianos from Yamaha. It has 88 weighted keys with Yamaha’s GHS weighted action. It is packed with all the basic features that are helpful for beginners. The USB port helps to connect with various software and devices.
- Yamaha’s GHS weighted action makes it feel like an acoustic piano
- Yamaha’s AWM stereo sampling technology
- helps recreate natural instrument sounds
- Dual-mode helps in combining two voices
- Amazing quality and features
- Versatile and extremely durable
- Best price, all worth your purchase
Why we choose this product?
Yamaha P45 88 key digital keyboard is a perfect package for the beginners. It is the combination of Yamaha’s innovative technologies that give you the feel of a real acoustic piano. Features like Yamaha’s AWM technology and Dual-mode support lets you have a great experience even with this entry-level digital keyboard piano for beginners.
3. Roland GO, 88-Key Portable Digital Keyboard Piano
The Roland Go 88-keys digital keyboard piano is a complete 88 keys full-sized piano and 8s yet portable. Along with portability, it also offers great performance. This full-sized portable digital piano comes with onboard Bluetooth speakers. Some piano lovers go for 61 or 76-note keyboards just because they are portable. However, the correct technique can only be developed on 88 keys keyboard, and therefore, Ronald made that portable too.
- Portable and offer high performance
- Comes with 88-Key Digital Piano Keyboard
- Onboard Bluetooth Speakers
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity with smartphones
- Lightweight and runs on batteries
- Offers great mobility as it’s a wireless piano
- Versatile with features and highly durable
- Best price, complete value for money
Why we choose this product?
Roland GO keyboard piano is a full-size piano with 88 keys and is yet portable. It offers plenty of features and also a great performance. To make your experience hassle-free and to improve mobility, this piano is made to operate without wires. It runs on batteries and supports Bluetooth connectivity, and thus no need of wires just carry it wherever you want.
4. Lujex Standard, 88-Key Portable White Keyboard Piano
A 88 key piano can never be that easy to carry as it seems with Lujex Standard 88 Keys Portable Roll Up Piano. This is a portable piano with a roll-up keyboard. It is a silicone keyboard and thus can be rolled up easily and is unbreakable too. Kids and adults can use this digital keyboard.
- 88 keys portable digital piano
- Silicone keyboard that rolls up and is unbreakable
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Headphone connectivity option
- Two users can use it at a time
- Supports record and playback feature
- Operates on battery and external power supply as well
Why we choose this product?
Lujex Standard 88 Keys Portable Roll-up Piano is an amazing product that can keep both kids and adults engaged. This keyboard has a plethora of features that one can only imagine and still is very affordable. A roll-up keyboard, built-in speaker, headphone connectivity, record, and play feature and a lot more of such features make it the best option among digital piano for kids and adults.
5. Artesia PA-88H, 88-Key Black Digital Keyboard Piano
rtesia PA-88H is an 88 key digital piano that offers an experience of acoustic piano due to its Hammer Digital Action. It has an acoustic Supra Sound engine that offers 3-layer Grand Piano sampling for a unique acoustic experience. You can also enjoy the sound of 16 different instruments such as electric piano, Organ, Nylon Guitar, etc.
- 88 key full-size portable keyboard
- Underlying weighted hammer action technology
- Authentic acoustic feel
- Easy to use controls
- Supports USB connectivity
- Built-in speakers with bass and treble equalizers
- Power supply and sustain pedal also offered with the piano
Why we choose this product?
Artesia PA-88H is a high-performance piano that comes with a plethora of features. It is a portable digital piano but gives a real feel of an authentic acoustic piano. With this, you also get a sustain pedal, power supply, and a music rack. This 88 keyed keyboard uses weighted hammer action technology.
Frequently Asked Questions!
1. What is an 88 Key Keyboard?
Ans: The 88 key piano is the electronic option to overcome the drawbacks of a traditional piano. This is a full-sized electronic option that just replicated the sounds of an acoustic piano but also offered several digital benefits.
2. How many keys are available on a keyboard piano?
Ans: Keyboard pianos mostly that are professional used have 88 keys, for the biggest models and 61/76 keys for some other models.
3. What is an arranger keyboard?
Ans: Those professionals who need to replicate the band sound as a solo performance, they mostly use this type of keyboard. It comes with built-in “auto-accompaniment and some styles which reach cues and chord changes.
4. What is a workstation keyboard?
Ans: This is a great electronic instrument which integrates sequences and sound module with a keyboard to achieve the best output.
5. What is a synthesizer?
Ans: This electronic musical instrument produces various kinds of sounds by combining and generating signals of various frequencies. This instrument is operated by a keyboard and is called the synthesizer.
Read our latest guide about Best Keyboard Piano Under 100
If you are a beginner, then you need to choose the best digital keyboard piano designed to simulate the acoustic piano as best as possible. You should go with Yamaha P45B, 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano. It is our pick as it wins over all the listed products above. It has all the required features that will help you in enhancing your musical skills. We have made our pick, keeping in mind the budget, features, specification, convenience of use, and storage. What is your pick now?
Some Last Words:
That would be all from me. I hope you make a decision among the best 88-Key Digital Keyboard Piano available in the market that I have mention.
If, in case you have got a query, don’t hesitate to ask it down in comments section and I will get back to it as soon as possible.
If you like my article and review please help to share this to your friends and social network.