Closed Back Headphones are nowadays an important item in the collection of music lovers. The reason behind it is they offer more utility than other headphones. It means you can use closed headphones on a bus or plane while open headphones could not work because of better sound quality and build than in-ear headphones.
Today, we have different options available to buy in your favorite closed-back headphones. Also, it is important to understand which one is the best. You can buy headphones online because it is more cost-effective. When you plan to plan to buy these headphones, you should be clear about your priorities.
- Top 5 Closed Back Headphones Under $200
- 1.Philips (8000-Series) Closed-Back Performance Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- 2.PreSonus Eris (HD10BT) Professional Closed-Back Headphones
- 3.Beyerdynamic by Blucoil (DT770) PRO 32 Ohm Closed Back Headphones
- 4.Audio-Technica (ATH-M50x) Professional Closed-Back Studio Headphones
- 5.Status Audio (CB-1) Closed Back Studio Headphones
- How to Buy the Best Closed-Back Headphones for Yourself?
- Why choose Closed-Back Headphones for Yourself?
Top 5 Closed Back Headphones Under $200
1.Philips (8000-Series) Closed-Back Performance Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
Philips PHP805 is a sensible and moderate wireless headphone. Philips has not carried away with the specification. But you are not going to feel short-changed with the features of 805 either. This wireless earphone with headphones all over your ear comes with active noise cancellation. For any trip, this headphone is up to the mark.
Let’s know the various features it carries:
- Rapid charging is one of the best features of this headphone.
- Perfect tune neodymium acoustic drivers that deliver clear and deep bass in the mid-range frequency
- Multi-function button helps to control music and call easily
- Soft ear-caps compact fold neatly
- Hi-Res Audio Headphones
- Built-in Mic allows Acoustic echo cancellation
- Passive noise isolation
Various good things about this product are:
- Wireless earphones with 40mm diaphragm
- Offers 30 hours playback time
- Active noise cancellation means ANC to immerse yourself in the music
- Smooth and adjustable headband with soft ear cushions
- Compact with flat design allows easy
- Hi-Resolution audio help to hear each and every detail
- Tactile control means to tap, drag and press for ease free control
Few drawbacks of this product are:
- The noise cancellation is not appropriate
- Not offers a dynamic listen of music
- Stylish look but little heavy to carry
- Full sound but a bit heavy bass for kids
- The headphone is splash-proof but not weather-sealed
- Have passive noise reduction
- The headphone comes with non-removable battery
- Not supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth pairing with NFC
Our Verdict: The PH805 looks more expensive than the actual price. The shows in terms of sonic features and it may get wrong too. If you are looking for high-performance wireless closed-back headphones, put double of money as per the price. The features are perfect but only one of the best choices.
2.PreSonus Eris (HD10BT) Professional Closed-Back Headphones
PreSonus launched Eris (HD10BT) professional closed-back headphone promises to be suitable for using in and out of a studio. Closed-back headphones are basically used for studio purposes, but wireless headphones are a better option for mobile use. To take phone calls using headphones is a standard feature, and noise cancellation is important on a noisy communication.
Important features that you can enjoy include:
- 40mm drivers offer a wide frequency response
- Closed-back earcups
- increases bass and isolation response
- Active noise cancellation providing 18dB isolation
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Built-in microphone
- The one-touch operation helps to take calls easily
- Foldable design helps to store easily
- Up to 16 hours of battery operation continuously
- Micro USB charging and a hard-shell case comes with the package
The good things that you may enjoy about this product are:
- 40mm driver delivers supreme clarity, the perfect response from 20HZ to 20kHz with extended bass
- Active Noise Canceling reduces ambient sound up to 18dB which can be activated using Bluetooth
- Over-ear design with thick ear cushions of headphone enables maximum sound isolation
- Wired or wirelessly, this headphone helps touch operation quickly pairing with Bluetooth devices.
The drawbacks that you should consider are:
- When you change to noise cancellation mode, the noise changes more.
- Loud pop while switching to on and off of noise cancellation
- For professional use, these are not that high-quality headphones
- Microphones work only while using Bluetooth
- The ear cap encloses decently but no clamping pressure and feels balancing from the top of the head.
Our Verdict: At first glance, Eris HD10BT is a good build, sturdy, and best material made product. The case looks decent, but the headphone sits little squeezed in and puts pressure on a pivotal point. It is offering a 16hrs battery charge, but 8hrs you get when the noise cancellation mode is off.
3.Beyerdynamic by Blucoil (DT770) PRO 32 Ohm Closed Back Headphones
The DT770 Pro closed-back headphone with 32 Ohm special edition provides exceptional isolation and top impulse response. It comes with Antlion Audio ModMic4 that can attach the microphone to a headset. Customization of boom mic placement is possible anywhere on your microphone using an adhesive sticker on the base.
Various features that you can enjoy are:
- 32 Ohm drivers for any mobile application
- 1.6m/5.2ft OFC single-sided cable comes with 6.35mm/1/4” screw able adapter
- The innovative bass reflex system offers excellent bass reproduction
- The eco-friendly electrophoretic coating on the head bow
- Exchangeable, comfortable, easy to clean and soft skin earpads and headband
- Ear caps with Glass ball
- Closed and diffuse field studio headphones
Things you can enjoy about this product are:
- Superior isolation offered by DT 770 Pro makes it the perfect choice to mix or gaming.
- Single-side cable helps to prevent tangles formation and accommodate easy adjustment
- The Antlion Audio ModMic 4 helps to turn any type of headphone into headsets.
- Its main feature is a uni-directional microphone that lets sound in one direction only by reducing or eliminating the noise coming from outside.
Few drawbacks that you may consider are:
- This limited edition DT770 32 Ohm model is specifically designed for mobiles, field monitoring, and general portable uses.
- The cord is shorter, and leatherette pads are too soft to touch.
- The bass is get elevated slightly and sound light.
- On slower headphones, you cannot hear details easily.
- DT770 comes in an old-school design
Our Verdict: Basically, this DT770 32 Ohm Pro comes with a short cable but easy to power set drivers, and its leather ear pads isolate sounds little better than other versions of DT770. It works best for mobile, walk around listening to stuff, and field monitoring. If you are not looking for a closed-back headphone for these purposes, then it is better to choose any other version.
4.Audio-Technica (ATH-M50x) Professional Closed-Back Studio Headphones
When you look at critically-acclaimed ATH-M50x professional closed-back studio headphones, this all-new wireless headphone offers a variety of features for the users. You can easily connect to the smartphone voice assistant through a touch control and make compatible with Audio-Technica Connect App on iOS and android. This is a classic headphone updated with wireless technology.
- The salient features that you can enjoy are:
- 15Hz-28kHz frequency response
- 45mm driver with rare earth neodymium magnet and copper-clad aluminum wire coils
- Best choice for mixing, tracking, personal listening and DJ monitoring
- Includes a carrying pouch and screw-on adapter of ¼.
The advantages of buying this product include:
- Comfort and durability with professionally graded earpads and headphones
- Top noise isolation helps all the distractions to fade away
- It comes with powerful proprietary 45mm drivers rare magnet
- It allows voice control assistance next to your ear
- Built-in Mic in the right earcup and control buttons helps to take the call or play music.
- Certain drawbacks that you must consider are:
- The sound quality is good, but the bass is less. There is a slight emphasis on the lower frequency notes that not find on studio headphones.
- The headphone cord is proprietary. The quality of codecs is dependent on which phone you use.
- The product looks stylish but no flamboyant to attract everyone. The design part is good but made of plastic materials.
Our Verdict: If money does not matter, then you should buy Audio Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT. But ATH-M50xBT is stylish, comfortable and offers great sound making it a perfect headphone to buy. For the price, this headphone is super clear and comfortable to wear. They are perfect for listening to music other than any use.
5.Status Audio (CB-1) Closed Back Studio Headphones
Status is a brand that sells headphones only on Amazon and offline. Status CB-1s cost only 70 euro, but they look twice the price. Some impressive elements are added to the sound after issues came. Status is not like other branded headphones. But this is said to be a miracle headphone.
- Features that are vital in this product are:
- Over the ear, closed-back headphone
- Suitable for recording, leisure listening and producing
- Detachable cables
- Frequency response 15Hz – 30kHz
- 50mm Driver, 32 Ohm Impedance and 13.2-ounce weight
- Good things that you should know about this product include:
- The ear cup is in big size with thick pads and chunky headband.
- Its build-quality is a mix of plastic and metal. The cups fold into its headband and swivel fits your head easily.
- Large scale sound quality offers nice stereo imaging. The 50mm driver recreated records impactful low and high pitched synths accurately.
- Don’t forget to know about these drawbacks:
- Larger the over-ear design makes it unpleasant to look when compared to other popular headphones.
- No brand name on the product. No Status Audio inscription on its jack or inside the cup.
- It does not come with the feature active noise cancellation or any such technological tricks.
- Mid-range sound quality resonances with unwanted warmth
Our Verdict: The Status Audio CB-1 closed-back headphones are the most affordable headphones with better sound quality and design. The sheer sound scale is the best feature. The issue comes in between bass and treble only. You get plenty of hardware for your price. However, there are amateurish parts too. The notable disappointment is sloppy lower mid.
How to Buy the Best Closed-Back Headphones for Yourself?
Consider the following aspects before purchasing the best closed-back headphones for yourself, especially within a set budget:
- Closed-back headphones should be completely sealed from the back. It should only allow the sound to reach your ears.
- They must able to block out most of the outside noise.
- You should look for headphones that can be used for a long time without heating up your ears or building up moisture inside the earcups. Your ear must able to breathe, so they have to be comfortable during extended sessions.
- The music must emanate all around you means it should sound wider and deeper. Such a sensation is called soundstage. To hear true soundstage is really fun, especially when used with closed-back headphones.
- The quality of the product should be outstanding for the value. It should be comfortable without putting excess pressure on the ear. With textured fabric on your earcups, minimizes the heat buildup.
- Build quality describes a sturdiness of headphone design. The kind of material is used and how the components are assembled actually and perceived quality and durability of a headphone. Metal frame headband or heavy-duty plastic materials remain sturdy and less prone to breakage.
- The design of the earbud is depended on the shape of the tip and thickness of the used cable. Connecting joints must be smooth and enough tension for holding it in one place once adjusted.
- Closed-back headphones are sound isolated and noise cancellation features. They are designed to block outside interference. It also prevents sound from disturbing other people around you. The music should sound natural when you connect to your gadgets.
Why choose Closed-Back Headphones for Yourself?
- Following are the reasons what makes these closed-back headphones an essential accessory:
- Closed-back headphones are completely sealed from the back.
- It does not allow sound to reach out from the earcups.
- These headphones come with a feature called noise cancellation means totally isolated with the music.
- Using a headphone, you aim for solitude, so closed-back headphones offer that.
- In a noisy place, closed-back headphone design ensures nobody can able to hear your music in a quiet environment.
- When compared to open-back headphones, you do not get the live music effect while closed back offer the character to its enclosure. In designs, anti-resonant materials are used to reduce any negative aspect that comes in hearing music. In a small environment also, the closed-back headphone listening experience will more pleasant.
- Most of the professionals like recordists, DJs, mixers, and studio producers’ use only closed headphone for better isolation and concentration.
- Whilst closed back is getting advanced with dynamic driver format.
- They have foldable headbands, wireless, and portable headphones.
The market offers a wide range of closed-back headphones. It is not that easy to pick based on the price only. Here we have distilled the information into a handy guide to simplify your buying process. Our list of closed-back headphones has its own pros and cons, so you can pick the right one for you.
Leave a Reply